While baby wearing offers a number of benefits, it is important to ensure that you are carrying your baby safely.
Please keep the following things in mind when wearing your child.
Always check your carrier for any damage before using, if there is any, stop using it and ask WildRide for advise.
- Even though we tested thoroughly infants can fall out of the toddler seat.
- Adjust strap seat to sit toddler close to body.
- Before use, loosen the strap to comfortably place toddler in seat.
- When toddler is seated, tightly strap toddler close to your body.
- Take special care when leaning or walking.
- Never bend at waste; bend at knees.
- Only use this carrier for children between 8 kg and 20 kg (17 lb - 44 lb).
- We advise to only use the carrier for children between 7 kg and 20 kg (15 lbs – 44 lbs)
- Your balance may be adversely affected by your movement and that of your child.
- Take care when leaning forward or sideways.
- This carrier is not suitable for use during sporting activities.
- Infants under 4 months can suffocate in this product if face is pressed tight against your body. We therefore advise not to carry infants under the age of 6 months.
- Do not strap toddler too tight against your body.
- Allow room for head movement.
- Keep infant's face free from obstructions at all times.
- When using the carrier, monitor your child.
- For low birthweight babies and children with medical conditions, seek advice from a health professional before using the product.
- Never use a carrier while engaging in activities that involve a heat source or exposure to chemicals such as cooking or cleaning.
- Check to assure the buckle and adjusments are secure before use.
- Check for ripped seams, loosebuttons, torn straps or fabric and damaged fastners before each use.
- Stop using the carrier if parts are missing or damaged.
- Ensure proper placement of child in product, including leg placement.
- Premature infants, infants with respiratory problems, and infants under 6 months are at the greatest risk of suffocation.
- Never use a carrier when balance or mobility is impared because of exercise, drowsiness or medical conditions.
- Never wear a carrier while driving or being a passenger in or on a motor vehicle.
- Keep carrier away from children when it is not in use.
- Do not use Wild Ride Toddler Carrier with children that are unable to hold their head upright.
FALL AND SUFFOCATION HAZARDS